Abortion & COVID-19: June Update
As the pandemic has continued to spread globally, what is the current state of abortion care in the U.S.?
How has COVID-19 impacted patient experiences? Here are a few more first hand accounts of accessing abortion care during the last 3 months
(Disclaimer: These stories do not represent the challenges of all of those who have tried to access care during this time. It is of value and importance to recognize that marginalized communities, including people of color and queer folks face additional challenges and barriers to accessing care that might not be represented in these stories.)
- I had an abortion during the pandemic. Reproductive health care is crucial. 5/4/2020 | The Philadelphia Inquirer
- I Had An Abortion In California During The COVID-19 Pandemic 4/24/2020 | Newsweek
At the start of the pandemic we saw many states enact restrictions on abortion care and access. What’s the status of those restrictions now?
- Abortion Access During COVID-19, State by State 4/14/2020 (updated regularly) | Rewire News
- The fight over Texas’ abortion ban during the COVID-19 pandemic is over, but what did it all mean? 4/28/2020 | The Dallas Morning News
- Timeline: Our Fight Against Opportunistic Abortion Bans During the COVID-19 Pandemic Planned Parenthood Action Fund
What has the anti-choice strategy been during the COVID-19 pandemic?
How the Anti-Abortion Movement Repackaged Its Strategy for a Pandemic 4/27/2020 | Rewire News
Vice | Carter Sherman | May 26, 2020
What does public opinion have to say about abortion restrictions during COVID-19?
Americans Don’t Want Politicians Using COVID-19 to Attack Abortion 5/21/2020 | Ms. Magazine
What changes in abortion care might (or should) come out of the COVID-19 pandemic?
FDA Should Lift Abortion Pill Restrictions, Says Former Agency Head 4/27/2020 | Vice
How have Trump’s anti-abortion policies impacted the pandemic?
Share this Post